"One Lump, or Two?"

Saturday, October 1, 2016

Vacation 2016: OOTDs

   I love coordinating outfits to whatever I am going off to do - whether it is a wedding or an entire week of vacation that I am away... I will admit that there was supposed to be more detail to these outfits, but I ran out of time to focus on them due to some personal things, so I hope this is still interesting enough to post - LOL.
   This vacation was perfect to show off some of my favorite relaxed pieces, so I hope you enjoy these simple, themed outfits!

September 12th - Universal Studios Orlando
Top: Hufflepuff Shooter by Black Milk Clothing
Bottoms: Bike Shorts from Target
Shoes: Sneakers from Target
   As (basically) the biggest Potterhead that I know, I was losing my dang mind planning an outfit that kept to a theme but would also work for the mass amount of jumping for joy and running around that was bound to happen... So I went with Sporty Seeker on Vacation... Or something like that.
   This Shooter is amazing! I usually stick to leggings from Black Milk so I consulted customer service + a fellow Sharkie on Instagram who had a few shooters/was more my size - I wanted the fit to be slightly loose. This one in the photo is a size large, because these tops are designed to fit more loosely, so it fits exactly how I wanted it to... I got tons of compliments from staff members, especially from Slytherin and Hufflepuff house members, as well as other park guests. Of course there was one staff member, who happened to announce he was a Gryffindor, and played the roll of obnoxious jerk pretty well - I guess he is bitter from only winning one Pottermore house cup, but I digress... I know the Shooter tops are good quality and a heavier fabric so I wasn't sure how it would do in the Florida heat, but to my surprise it breathes wonderfully and dries much more quickly than I expected. It was fantastic for bee-bopping around a theme park!
   I've owned several pairs of these shorts because they don't ride up on me as much as most biking shorts (or shorts in general) because they are super stretchy with good quality - they can sit high or low on the thigh, just depends on where you want them. They dry quickly and breathe quite well, so they were a perfect choice for a hot day+water rides... These sneakers are super comfy and it was about time I grabbed a new pair, so I brought the new pair on the trip and didn't experience any issues with them.
September 13th, AM - Animal Kingdom
Top: Peggy Bundy Reversible by Black Milk Clothing
Bottoms: Moto Bike Style Pants from TJ Maxx
Shoes: Sneakers from Target
   My one true goal at Animal Kingdom was to blend in with the big cats... ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED! But in all seriousness, I knew we would be running around on a humid day surrounded by animals and water. I wanted to put together an outfit that would mimic workout clothes - which would be best for my comfort level.
   Black Milk Clothing is great for any season and environment, if you ask me, so this crop top was a great choice. I love the entire Peggy Bundy BM line, which is now in the BM Museum... Super stretchy and thin enough where it dried out within minutes of riding Kali River Rapids. I will say that I'm selling this top though (DePop is @HelloMissDolly) - I'm picky about the cuts of my crop tops and this one just doesn't do anything flattering for my chest in the way others do. *shrug*
Of course I paired this cute top with a pair of bad ass pants, which caused a lot of gawking because NOT SMALL WOMAN IN TIGHT AND SLIGHTLY REVEALING OUTFIT BEING CAREFREE AF. Luckily it didn't bother me whatsoever because I was really proud of myself for rocking this outfit and looking good doing so. This shot doesn't do the outfit justice, but it sure shows off how darn hot and sweaty I was... These are comfy and make me feel structured/secure. They also have a really fantastic pattern on the thigh and the calf which obviously doesn't show in this photo, but I'm sure they will be in a better OOTD post this fall.
September 13th, PM - Epcot
Top: Peasant Top from Pinup Girl Clothing
Bottoms: Laura Byrnes Shorts from Pinup Girl Clothing
Shoes: Flats from TJ Maxx
Brooch: Alice by TagerineMenagerie
   I put together something very simple for a #PinupInThePark sort of look, but it started to full-on thunderstorm half way through doing my hair and makeup so I wound up switching out my favorite Peasant Top for a tank top and put away my brooch.
   I love Peasant Tops because of how flattering and wonderfully comfortable they are; it would have made a great choice to wear around Epcot... I was new to the Laura Byrnes Shorts and I don't wear shorts often, so I was admittedly nervous. It turns out that they are the perfect length for walking around in with minimal chub-rub, and sat on my actual waistline. They did stretch out quite a bit but I'm pretty sure that was due to them becoming soaking wet in the rain - the hurricane was arriving a bit early.
   These flats are my most comfortable pair and I can wear them for hours, even through ankle deep puddles while shuffling around the part of the park we were able to explore... My Alice brooch would have looked so cute, especially since I had plans to meet Alice in England, but our fates did not align and I'll have to show her off at Disney another time. I adore all of my TangerineMenagerie brooches and will be discussing my collection in more detail after I get my next two in the mail - stay tuned!

Thanks so much for reading through!
Do you like coordinating and creating themed outfits for certain life events?
xoxo Elle
Pin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google Plus

No comments:

Post a Comment