"One Lump, or Two?"

Monday, May 9, 2016

Second Chance: Better Than Sex Mascara

   A few years back the Better Than Sex mascara by Too Faced Cosmetics was suggested to me and I had high hopes for it... Sadly it wasn't what I was looking for because it stayed too tacky and my oily eyelids would smear the mascara if I happened to touch my eyes at all. Not just that, but my eyelashes are wonderfully long but having them hold a curl is quite the struggle *sigh*, and the original Better Than Sex formula didn't stand up to the task. Since my lashes have a hard time holding a curl, I always use eyelash curlers and have found that waterproof formulas tend to keep them curled and cute... My hopes for the Better Than Sex Waterproof Mascara were that it dried better than the original formula, which would mean my lashes stay curled, and smudging wouldn't be an issue
   I found that the waterproof formula did completely dry, but it still took a bit longer than my usual waterproof mascaras, which resulted in my lashes not holding as much of a curl as I would have hoped for... Because it took a little longer, there was a very tiny bit of smudging when I tightlined with eyeliner, but the smudging was easy to clean up since the mascara was still a little wet.
   This version of the Better Than Sex mascara seemed to clump a lot more than I remember the original doing - to be honest, it caused a little bit of irritation around my lashes and it was hard to not fidget with them. It just isn't a look I'm into, for personal aesthetic and comfortability preference.
   I've heard great things from some people about the Better Than Sex Waterproof Mascara but to be honest, even the gals at Ulta refer to it as a "waste of money". Either way, it just isn't for me, so I give it a 2.5/5... I know I won't wear it, mainly because I don't wear any products that irritate my eyes/skin/etc in the slightest (potential of sending my body into a flareup), so I'll be returning this item if I can't find someone who likes this range...   I wish this mascara dried more quickly and clumped less, because the pigment in this product makes lashes pop and the wand shape is very similar to my all-time-favorite mascara by Fairydrops. I would also like to mention that the water droplet effect on the bottle is a nice touch aesthetically, but I like it because it feels nice to touch when anxious.
   There really are so many products by Too Faced to enjoy, and who doesn't adore their packaging?! I'm really looking forward to posting more about their products for you all.

Note: Ingredients for this product can be found HERE.

*This post is in no was sponsored and all opinions are my own.*
xoxo Elle
Pin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google Plus

No comments:

Post a Comment